18 January 2019

The Clifftown Theatre Presents: Spring Season 2019, Daring, Diverse And On Your Doorstep…

Filed under: Southend Bulletin — Nicola Paine @ 5:12 am

The Clifftown Theatre SPRING SEASON is announced! 13 Feb – 23 Mar
To find out more about our shows, and to book your tickets, simply CLICK HERE

THE SKRIKER
13-16 Feb
Tickets: Only £6 for all Uni staff & students

‘Unwholesome, hypnotic, and born in the dark’ (Independent), THE SKRIKER is a spellbinding epic that blends English folktales with modern urban life to tell the story of an ancient shape-shifting fairy and death portent who haunts two young mothers in its search for love and revenge. THE SKRIKER brings with it a multitude of monsters until London is swarming with enticing and angry creatures that have burst from the underworld.

This amateur production is performed by permission of Nick Hern Books and is performed in rep with MACUNAÍMA; for performance dates/times, please contact 01702 328335.

Macunaíma (Makuna-Eema)
13-16 Feb

A version for our troubled times of the Brazilian iconic novel MACUNAÍMA, by Mário de Andrade. The original saga followed the journey of our scoundrel hero, Macunaíma, from the Amazon to São Paulo, in search of his lost magical amulet, now in the hands of a giant Peruvian cannibal entrepreneur. (Think of a South American Lewis Carroll on acid narrating the misadventure of a hero without morals!)

This production is performed in rep with THE SKRIKER; for performance dates/times, please contact 01702 328335.

FILTER
28 Feb-2 Mar, 7:30pm (2 Mar matinee, 2:30pm)

There’s my phone, my TV, my laptop.
My xbox, my i-watch, my tablet.
My MP3, my Kindle, my fit-bit.

There’s the followers, the trolls, the hashtags.
The fake news, the meme’s, what’s trending?
I’m adding to my story.
I’m going live.

FILTER is an examination of a life led by technology. From social media to fortnight, FILTER questions the impact on future generations who experience and interact with the world through a lens.

ANNA KARENINA
14-16 Mar, 7:30pm (16 Mar matinee, 2:30pm)

“Russia is changing. Rules have been broken. Chaos is looming and families are falling apart.”

Considered to be one of the greatest novels of all time, adapted here for the stage, Tolstoy’s ANNA KARENINA is an examination of a country in the midst of extraordinary change. Through the impact of one woman’s decision, it looks at the troubling cost of love on the human soul.

This amateur production is performed by permission of The Agency Ltd.

PRIME
21-23 Mar, 7:30pm (23 Mar matinee, 2:30pm)

PRIME is an opportunity for the graduating BA Physical Theatre actors to use everything they have learnt to create an exciting piece of original work.

A collection of solo, duet and ensemble performances that explore touching, beautiful and hilarious stories, all told in their unique and eclectic styles of physical theatre.

Tickets are available NOW! Call 01702 328335 or simply CLICK HERE