October 21, 2016

Who’s using Lynda? Part 4

Filed under: Elearning, IT Training, Lynda — sgswaine @ 11:22 am

Alex Porter, a Performance Volleyball coach, is fourth in our video series. He uses and recommends the Lynda.com app to download and watch videos offline and loves the fact that he can watch videos in 1.5 x speed to save time. Click on the image to see the video play or view the transcript below:

PorterAlexYou have used Lynda.com for training videos, what sort of videos have you watched?

“I’ve used Lynda to help me with a number of different areas to help me with work. I’ve used it for management tips, also the science of learning and overcoming certain areas such as procrastination and study skills so it’s not just been for myself but also for the students I work with.”

What did you think of the videos and how easy did you find them to follow?

“I found the videos really useful I also found that actually I didn’t have to watch them I could just listen to them at the same time, almost like an audio blog, and I found that they flow together quite nicely.”

Would you recommend Lynda to others?

“Definitely, I recommended them to my students that I work with to help them especially in stressful times, and exam times to make sure that they’re able to maximise their time, their learning but also to explore different areas that they might not learn as part of their degree, but around the outside of their degree.”

Are there any other features that you like about Lynda.com?

“Two of the best features that I found is that the videos were quite short in length so that if you’ve only got twenty minutes, half an hour to spare, you’re able to get through four or five videos and then pause it and come back another time that is convenient for you. Which means that some of the courses which are five to six hours long you’re able to do over a longer period of time. The second feature I found that was really useful was using the app on the mobile phone, which allowed me to listen to certain course when I was driving, sat at home, without having to watch the video the whole time.”

Login to Lynda today and Watch, Listen, Learn, Do.