19 April 2018

Meet our UKES survey winner

Filed under: News — ckeitch @ 2.16 pm

Keelan Badham is currently in his first year at Essex, where he’s studying Psychoanalytic Studies at our Colchester Campus. He has just won two VIP tickets to this year’s Summer Ball after completing his student survey.  We spoke to him to find out more.

Keelan Badham

Keelan Badham

What’s been the best thing about your time at Essex so far?

For me, Welcome week has been the best thing. There were events that catered to all different types of people and it is where I met most of the people that I am friends with now. It was also a great chance for me to look at the societies that i wanted to join.

What do you wish you knew before you started here?

I wish I knew that freshers’ flu is not a myth.  You will catch it and it will hit you hard. Two weeks of straight drinking whist also waking up early to go sign up for events is not good for your body!

Congratulations on winning our UKES competition. What are you looking forward to most about your prize?

I’m really looking forward to going to Summer Ball with all the people that I’ve met during my first year, and making some more memories of my time here at Essex. I am also very excited to see the live acts that are performing at Summer Ball.

Why did you decide to fill in your UKES survey?

I chose to fill in the survey because I wanted to share my opinion about the university and everything that goes on here at Essex so I can help to make changes to the things that I don’t like.

Did it take long to complete?

The survey was very quick to complete. It only took me around five to ten minutes.

Finally, what are your plans for the immediate future? 

Next week I am going to be writing my final essays of the year and then going out to subzero to forgot all about my essays.