30 March 2020

Graduation 2020

Filed under: Latest news — Communications, CER @ 4:31 pm

Our Academic Registrar Richard Stock emailed all final year students on Monday 30 March to update them on Graduation 2020.

“I am writing with a very heavy heart, to provide what I know will be very disappointing news about our plans for Graduation 2020. We know that our graduation ceremonies are the highlight of the University’s academic year – and even more important than this, these are the culmination of your hard work, and an important opportunity for you to celebrate your achievements with your friends and family.

“As a consequence of public health actions to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have taken the very painful decision to postpone our summer 2020 Graduation ceremonies. We will provide you with an opportunity to celebrate your achievements with friends and family as soon as we can, but I am sorry to say that we are not currently in a position to confirm new dates.

“I want to  confirm that for all our students eligible to graduate this summer you will have your awards conferred as expected; you will have access to your certificates and transcripts this summer and the fact that we are not holing graduation ceremonies will not affect this in any way.

“We want to keep in touch with you and to let you know about ‘all things Essex’ after you officially finish. Please could I urge you to keep your external contact details up to date on ‘My Essex’ and do please  let us know how you would like us to communicate with you once you leave. You can update your preferences online, all you need is your PR_ID (formatted like ABCDE12345): https://bit.ly/2QLgHR9

“I promise to be in touch with an update when we have more news. In the meantime, I wish you all the best as you prepare for the summer assessment period.”

Richard Stock

Academic Registrar