22 August 2014

Oliver takes over reins at Wivenhoe House

Filed under: Latest news, People pages — Tags: — Communications Office @ 10:27 am

Oliver Brown

Oliver Brown

Wivenhoe House hotel on our Colchester Campus has appointed Oliver Brown as the new general manager.

Oliver, who is currently general manager at Flemings in Mayfair, will join the four-star hotel next month.

He said: “What attracted me to Wivenhoe House is that it is not just another hotel manager’s position.  There are so many things that need to work to make it a success.  Not only does the hotel need to be commercially viable, it needs to deliver exceptional training and development, to ensure the undergraduates complete their degrees in Hotel Management.

“I believe that with over 20 years’ experience in first class properties I have the skills and knowledge required to deliver this goal.  My contacts in the industry will also be of considerable benefit to me, to Wivenhoe House and the Edge Hotel School.”

There are about 100 undergraduates currently on the degree course with new students starting next month. While on rotation in the hotel the undergraduates work alongside their professional colleagues in all the departments. Their work in the hotel is supported by a programme of study days led by the Edge Hotel School’s  academic team to enhance their knowledge and performance.