About this service
The following notes outline the service provided at blogs.essex.ac.uk:
- the University’s Guidelines for Use of IT Facilities apply to blogs.essex.ac.uk;
- blogs.essex.ac.uk hosts blogs related to official University business, including but not limited to blogs for research groups, professional services offices and individual academics;
- blogs are the responsibility of members of staff; students’ course-related blogs are provided via Moodle or by a lecturer’s individual arrangement;
- blogs on this server may be removed if they have been inactive for six months or more;
- blog space may be requested by permanent members of staff;
- the University does not exercise proactive editorial control over blog content; in particular, comments posted about blog entries express only the individual views of the person posting those comments;
- blog-owners should monitor comments added to their posts and respond in a timely fashion;
- the University will not actively monitor blog content, but will act where alerted to activities on our blogs which breach these guidelines; in the case of a complaint, we would typically contact the blog’s owner in the first instance, except where a breach is clear and it is judged that immediate action is required, in which case a blog entry may be suspended pending further investigation;
- copyright laws apply to blog posts, and no material (including text, images and other media) may be posted to blogs.essex.ac.uk unless the author is certain that all necessary copyright clearance has been given;
- support, and basic training in the use of blogs, will be provided by ISS;
- any queries about this service should be addressed to email@example.com.
Requesting a blog
To request a blog on this server, please contact Web Editing and Digital Media: firstname.lastname@example.org.